The Steps course is designed for those who are ready and actively looking to gain employment. Many of the young people who engage with our Stage 3 programme will have progressed from our Princes Trust Team programme or perhaps been referred in from other external programmes.
Over the 8 week course, young people will spend 5 days a week in our youth centre completing a number of challenges and activities building their personal development and employability skills through an engaging and creative programme.
After the 8 week course there will be an opportunity to gain work experience in a relevant field which interests the young person.
The course will cover:
- SQA Course Work (units will cover core skills as well as employability
- Developing Effective Thinking Skills, PX2, Pacific Institute
- General Employability Skills, such as administration, IT, and customer service, as well as CV creation
- Enterprise Skills, where they will establish an enterprise from scratch
- Life Skills, such as budgeting and money management
- A range of our Personal Development Workshops.
- Interviews and Job Applications, where we prep young people on appropriate body language, clothing, and language to use in interviews and when approaching potential employers.
- We will also aid young people in finding and acquiring suitable work experience for them.
- Young people also have the option of further support from one of the trust’s trained coaches post programme to support them onto their next opportunity.